Monday 12 August 2013

Another week down

Here's some of the things we've been doing over the past week. 



Got out the old high school cookbook to get some inspiration to make something different.....we made rice bubble slice, chocolate slice, scones until we ran out of margarine! 

We were going to make a gluten free cake for one on my Mum's friends who visits and Mat started to read the back of the  packet..."First we eggs, milk and cheese"...I think she means butter but I was impressed that she knew to read the back of the packet for the ingredients. 


 Messy Church was on this week at the local church. Messy Church is 2 hours of craft and activities for families followed by a meal. Mat and Jam were entertained for ages with GOOP!! YAY!! I had to totally change Jam and take off Mat's jumper which is still soaking. We then made some over the weekend at home and Mat was still highly entertained. I even used it as a bribe, "Clean up the books or we don't make goop" and it worked, she'll do anything for goop:) You can make it with cornflour but we used Lux soap flakes and boiled water. 



Our week is not complete without some painting or Jam eating paint!! He loves it!!! Weird I know!  Mat loves her water colours and they are less messy than acrylic paint. We painted recycled cereal boxes in the backyard which was another hit on a lovely sunny afternoon. 


This week in the art room had kids finishing off paper bag houses, stained glass windows, working on their mosaics, collaborative circle drawings and symbols of hope. I love teaching art and taking photos of their creativity. 


Mat and I painted some circles inspired by the link below. With my love for circles and experimenting with water colours and Mat's love for painting this was a great activity and very simple. She created the painting in the middle which I love!! Kids art is so carefree and colourful. 


No comments:

Post a Comment